The gate is an opening in a wall of any building placed from the floor to a specific height and allows one to move from one environment to another. Most of it consists of a closure element consisting of a fixed frame that remains tight. This can be made up of several elements such as wood, glass, aluminium or plastic that is hinged and that itself allows the closure or obstruction through it.
It is made up of different parts, such as
- The hinge; this is the part that tries to be the mechanism that allows the mobility of the gate, making it able to be closed or opened easily. These can be created with stainless steel, brass or failing iron.
- Holder: Known mostly as bolt or switch, is the part of the gate that manages to block the same either from the inside or outside of it.
- Lock: It is the metal device that is placed on the gates mainly to ensure that it can only be opened with the key. Being possible that these are electric, digital or manual.
- Latch: It is a metal piece that is used on the inside of the gates, its utility lies in joining the two handles or cranks.
- Passe-partout: it is a tool that visits use to attract attention, where hitting this piece generates a loud sound all over the place inside the gate. This is always installed on the top and outside of the gates.
- Knob: It is a spherical piece used in most gates in order to open it.
- Handle: It is with this piece that the user can open the gate, which is placed on one side of it, and can be made of various materials.
- Bulb: It is the metal part that goes inside the locks. It is sold in various sizes, where its use will depend directly on the thickness of the gate where it will be installed, thus finding measures such as: 35/35, 40/40, 35/45, 30/30. It is manufactured with enamelled finishes, in gold and nickel, where the client’s choice will depend on the colour of the lock.
- Fastener: It is the mechanism that is placed on the face of the gate that faces the interior of the home, which serves to close it while the owners are at home.
- Bocallave: It is presented as that ironwork with a hole in the shape of a pear or round, through which the gate can be secured to prevent the entry of unauthorised people. Inside this is where the cylinder is placed. It can be manufactured with different finishes, shapes, and sizes, as it is with aged touch, with gloss, matte brass, etc.
- Peephole: It is through this part of the gate that people from inside can visualise who touches without opening the gate. This can be simple, electronic or digital.
The wooden gates have standard measurements, and they have 3 relevant measures: Sheet measurements, step measurements, and gap measurements. Since the measurements of the sheet are the easiest to measure, the gate will open, and the width and height of the gate will be measured in order to obtain the measurement.
There are standard timber farm gates that are the most used. In case that some wants a special timber gate, a professional must go to the place and evaluate the measures of the timber gate.